10 Reasons to Enjoy Easy Season on Florida’s Historic Coast
St. Augustine (July 18, 2018) - Crowds get smaller and hotel rates get lower - yet in late summer St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra & the Beaches remain livelier than ever. That’s why August and September is considered Easy SeasonSM for visitors on Florida’s Historic Coast.
It’s the perfect time of year for taking life easy and embracing everything that Florida’s Historic Coast has to offer. And it’s easy on your wallet with great deals on lodging and with plenty to do for free. Here are 10 good reasons to visit Florida’s Historic Coast in Easy Season!
1. Take Advantage of the Year’s Best Rates - From luxurious five-star hotels to quaint and charming B&Bs in historic downtown, to Oceanside resorts, it’s a good time to save on accommodations.
2. Get into the Rhythm with Live Music - This is one of the best times of the year for music lovers. September brings the Sing Out Loud Festival, one of the largest free music festivals in Florida. Sing Out Loud features hundreds of local, regional and national acts of all music genres in and around St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra for four consecutive weekends September 1 – 23. The best part? All concerts are totally free.
3. Kick Back with More Elbow Room - Crowds tend to thin as the summer winds down, making it easier to get into the area’s award-winning restaurants and notable historical and cultural attractions. If you hate waiting in lines, then this is the perfect time for you to visit.
4. Back-to-School Time Means Back-to-You Time - Kids are headed back to school to hit the books and they tend to take their families with them, allowing you to saunter down the brick-paved streets at an unhurried, easygoing pace. You might even take this time to enjoy a little break from your own kids!
5. There’s Plenty to See and Do for Free – Smaller crowds and free admission, what’s not to love? Many of the attractions, tours and museums offer free admission. There’s also plenty of things to see and do for $10 or less.
6. Delight in Al Fresco Dining - The weather tends to be lovely this time of year (hey, it’s St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra - of course it’s going to be lovely), which means favorable conditions for outdoor dining on picturesque sidewalks and patios.
7. Find Inspiration on an Art Walk - Taking regular walks has been shown to boost creativity. So why not channel your creativity with an Art Walk? The first Friday evening of the month, more than 20 art galleries in St. Augustine feature new exhibits, refreshments and live music - sure to make a masterpiece of an evening.
8. Take It Outside - As the weather begins to cool down, outdoor activity picks up. Try an outdoor yoga class on the beach - a great way to start the day - or head out on a fishing or bird-watching excursion. Don’t forget your camera as there are bound to be good photo ops.
9. Celebrate Founder's Day on September 8 - Celebrate the 453rd anniversary of Pedro Menendez's landing at St. Augustine with historical reenactments, living history demonstrations and more. Festivities will take place at the Nombre de Diós Mission and Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park.
10. Pick from Plentiful Events – Florida’s Historic Coast is home to some of the Sunshine State’s best events, and there is truly something for everyone. Find everything from food festivals and military demonstrations to historical and cultural exhibitions in our extensive Calendar of Events.
Click here (password: EASY) for a collection of hi-res images and videos that showcase Easy Season on Florida's Historic Coast.
For more information about Easy Season on Florida's Historic Coast, visit www.FloridasEasySeason.com, become a fan on Facebook (Facebook.com/OfficialStAugustine) or call 1.800.653.2489.
FLORIDA FAMILY FUN TRAVEL Blog
the best travel tips, news, reviews and deals in Florida for traveling families!